Sunday, June 7, 2015

University of Illinois Super Regional

I just came home from the University of Illinois Super Regional baseball game featuring U of I vs. Vanderbilt.  Vanderbilt destroyed my alma mater 13-0, but nevertheless, it was a heck of a fun atmosphere for a game.  Carson Fulmer threw a gem for Vanderbilt and I was extremely impressed by their entire team.  It is easy to see why they are the defending champs.

After the game, I stuck around and attempted to get Fulmer, Dansby Swanson, and Walker Buehler all to sign a baseball.  All three all potential top 20 picks in tomorrow's draft, with Swanson possibly going #1 and Fulmer most likely going top 10.  I was unable to find Buehler after the game, but I did get Swanson and Fulmer on baseballs.













Lastly, I am a year older than Tyler Jay, but I know him a bit just from certain places.  We usually stop and talk whenever we see each other.  Because we are friendly, I just could not get myself to ask him to sign a baseball for me.  A friend of mine on the team knows of my collection and was nice enough to get a B1G 10 ball signed for me.  The ball is a bit scuffed up but that is okay, I am not complaining one bit.  My friend was nice enough to get me that and a ticket to the game so I am extremely thankful.  Jay could end up reaching the big leagues by the end of the season depending on where he's picked.


All in all, I enjoyed the game and got 3 autographs from 3 potential top 10 picks in the draft.  Not a bad day if you ask me!

No comments:

Post a Comment